- A will or trust may be needed to make sure your estate is distributed according to your wishes. Leaving a bequest to SMHS is a simple way to support our mission. Through a bequest you may leave a specific dollar amount or a certain percentage of the estate after provisions for family members are made.
- Add San Miguel as a beneficiary or contingent beneficiary to an existing policy, or take out a new policy naming San Miguel Cristo Rey as an irrevocable beneficiary
- Become a Legacy Donor: For an immediate tax deduction, you may donate the amount of the premium of a policy for which San Miguel is the owner and beneficiary of the policy. In this scenario, your Legacy Gift may qualify for a naming opportunity of a portion of the San Miguel campus.
- A Charitable Gift Annuity is a contract under which a donor receives an annual lifetime income in return for a transfer of cash or marketable securities. The payout rate on an annuity is based on the age of the donor at the time the gift is made. A portion of the initial transfer of assets is tax deductible as a charitable gift, and the donor also may benefit from reduced capital gains taxes (with gifts of securities). Upon the donor’s death, whatever is left in the account is used to support the mission of San Miguel Cristo Rey.
- A charitable remainder trust provides a donor, and possibly other beneficiaries as designated by the donor, with a lifetime income. The donor selects the payout rate, usually between 5% and 7%. A donor receives an immediate income tax deduction when the gift is made, and avoids or reduces capital gains tax when transferring appreciated securities to the trust. Upon the donor’s death, the remainder may be transferred to San Miguel Cristo Rey for its charitable purposes.
If you are considering a planned gift that would benefit San Miguel, we recommend you consult your tax advisor or financial planner. Please contact Paloma Lopez-Santiago, Vice President of Advancement, at (520) 294-6403 x1416 or email@example.com for more information.