Friday, October 11, 2019
- Good morning Vipers, today is Friday, October 11th. with a regular Wednesday schedule.
- October is college month and to raise college awareness we wear a college t-shirt every Friday of the month of October. Also, College Counseling will be doing a trivia question every Friday. The first student from each grade level that goes to Ms. Gomez during lunch with the correct answer will get a prize. Here is today’s trivia question:
TRUE or FALSE
The “best” college for a student is not necessarily the most prestigious but the college that offers a student the most opportunities to develop a student’s interests.
- All students are reminded that the only hoodies allowed on campus are San Miguel hoodies even on dress down Days.
- This week is National Mental Health Awareness Week! Mental health is just as important as physical health. Mental illness affects everyone directly or indirectly through family, friends or coworkers. Did you know that 1 in 6 U.S. youth aged 6-17 experience a mental health disorder each year. Help is always available! Please don't be afraid to reach out and utilize your supports and counselors.
- This Sunday is Open House and all clubs, student council and sports are on deck. A table will be reserved for clubs, sports, Campus Ministry, and student council so please start to decide who will represent your group on Sunday and email Brother Jesús with the names ASAP if he does not get a list or a name of a student then the club moderator will have to staff the table on Sunday. We are working off of the club list from club fair..
- Attention Vipers ages 16 and up! The Fall Blood Drive is coming up on Thursday, October 31st, and VE VANT YOUR BLOOD Blah blah blah blah blaaaah. What better way to celebrate Halloween this year than by donating live-saving blood? You must be at least 16 to donate. Come see Mrs. Thiele to ask questions and to get a permission slip!
- Kino Teens: this a friendly reminder that our upcoming Comedor Visit is on Thursday, October 17th, with permission slips and copies of travel documents due today, October 11th
- If you took your picture and never received your ID or if your name is misspelled please email Brother Jesús by the end of the day Monday, this includes staff as well.