Thursday, August 15, 2019
- Good morning Vipers, today is Thursday, August 15th with a special Thursday rotation. We are celebrating the Feast of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary with a school wide liturgy with dismissal at 3:20 pm.
- Let’s cheer! Cheer tryouts are this week! Bring your spirit today from 4:15 a 6:15 in the gym! See you there!
- Lasallian Youth is taking off this week with their meetings today in the Library from 3:30-4:10 pm.
- Are you interested in being a part of humanitarian aid efforts along the Southern Border and beyond? BOTH El Otro Lado AND Kino Teens Applications are available outside of Ms. Mattox’s Office (right across from Room 203). El Otro Lado Border Immersion Program is open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors ONLY, all Application Materials are due on Monday, August 19th @4:00PM. Kino Teens is open to ALL grade levels, with all Application Materials due on Wednesday, August 21st @4:00PM.
- The overnight Kino Teens Retreat at Holy Trinity Monastery in St. David’s, AZ. is happening from Friday, August 23rd- Saturday, August 24th! Application Materials for this are also posted outside of Ms. Mattox’s office and are due on Wednesday August 21st!
- Vipers, can you believe it’s only the third week of school?! It’s still welcome back time. Your Senior class presents this year’s welcome back dance, Friday Night Fever! Put on your boogie shoes, bell-bottoms, gather your friends, and make it a groovy night at the disco, Friday, August 23rd from 7 pm- 10pm. Dance doors close at 8, and tickets are $7 pre-sale and $10 at the door. Come enjoy the music, disco ball, luminous dance floor, photo booth, and nacho bar. It’s going to be a great one. Catch you on the flip side!
- Back to School Night will start at 5:30 pm in the gym for your parents tonight.
- There is a student council meeting in the Conference Room today during lunch. All council members need to be present.
- If you are interested in being a morning announcement reader, please see Brother Jesús ASAP.
- Students, faculty and staff we are under a heat advisory again today. Please stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water and limit physical activity outside.